Accountant – Team Leader in PH
ASW is currently looking for a Team Leader for a well-established Australian based Accounting firm. The successful applicant will have experience working in the Australian Tax market and interested in supervising initially a small team delivering the daily tasks required to maintain their respected reputation. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a mid-size company that has the utmost respect of its larger peers in the industry and treats staff like family whilst also providing a path for future career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities: To be able to deliver and supervise the following
- Monitors and organises the workflow of staff in line with client timelines.
- Ensures allocation of work over the course of the year is evenly distributed throughout the period.
- Complete partnership, company trust accounts, and individual tax returns.
- BAS and IAS returns
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of AU compliance environment – ATO requirements, ASIC & OSR
- Coding, reconciling and preparing all payments.
- Tracking and reporting on all accounts payable and creditors as required.
- Issuing all invoices, managing GST calculations and reconciliations, tracking receivables and escalating late payments.
- Maintenance of Accounting records into Accounting Software.
- Working within the finance team to contribute to the accurate and timely reporting & forecasting of revenue, cashflow and expenses.
- Reconciling all corporate and trust bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile credit card statements and reimbursements to expense claims.
- Preparation and Lodgment of BASs including detailed GST reconciliations and workpapers quarterly
- Keeping up to date with the technical changes of the profession by actively researching changes in legislation, reading accounting & taxation journals.
- Relevant CA qualifications.
- 3+yrs working with previous Australian Accounting practice.
- Proficient in using accounting software – Xero / MYOB
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Listening – Able to take instruction from Directors and listens to feedback
- Listening – Is approachable, considerate and recognises staff needs.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Highly organized with high attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Show initiative in suggesting process improvements – questioning not accepting;
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to improve a team and grow the business