Automation OR Manual QC Engineer (Java) in HCM
***SIGN-ON BONUS AUD1,000***
This role is responsible for regression testing and participating with an Agile team creating test cases and testing new features as they are developed. This role requires experience in automation OR manual to create automation OR manual scripts for the new and existing test cases.
- Develop automation OR manual test cases to increase regression coverage as well as new functionality testing.
- Execute automated OR manual test cases including ad-hoc and exploratory testing as needed.
- Document and/or review testing results working closely with Developers and Business Analysts to resolve reported issues.
- Develop and create testing data needed to execute manual and automated test cases.
- Perform software configurations and deployments to manage your testing system for successful testing results.
- Manage testing to project timelines.
- Participate in the Agile project flow providing feedback in all areas, paying close attention to high risk areas and communicating testing concerns.
- Ensure High Quality in all deliverables: software, test cases, bug cases, automation plans, and documented results.
- Become a subject matter expert on existing and new features ensuring you can fully test, review logs for troubleshooting and create new and update existing test cases.
- Analyse existing features and test cases and consider areas where new test cases should be created or existing cases modified to have a better coverage of the feature.
- Five+ years of experience testing web based software applications.
- Experience using SQL to extract, modify and add data to MySQL database.
- Knowledge and application of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and Agile software development methodology.
- Creative, detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and driven; takes ownership of personal and team goals.
- Big plus for Manual QC position: Three+ years of experience using automation tools (Selenium ideal) and techniques for web services and user interfaces.