Business Analyst in Malaysia
Role Purpose: In your role as Business Analyst you will be responsible for the smooth and effective running of projects with a focus on great delivery. Key skills will include requirements gathering and analysis, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance. A strong understanding of the principles of Business Analysis, appropriate methodologies and processes are key. Talent with marketing communications or advertising background, will be ideal for this role.
Strategy & Planning
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Create system design proposals.
- To provide account management support in all new business activity and take an active role in part in proposal creation and writing, and credential and pith meetings.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and another post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems. Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Expertise from marketing communication or advertising experience, is essential for this role.
- Familiarity with trends in web standards, accessibility, and usability.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of Business Analysis experience.