Business Intelligence (BI) – Developer (SQL) in HCM
As a developer in the Business Intelligence (BI) team you play a critical role in ensuring that the business client has the key data it needs to make critical business decisions that drive the strategy and direction of the organisation. Your skills in SQL combined with your ability to quickly understand key business concepts will enable you to successfully meet the challenges of aggregating data from multiple sources into the organisations data warehouse.
The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work from working with the data analysts to understanding the business requirements, being involved in the logical and physical design of the solution, implementing the solution and supporting the testing team to verify the outcome meets the business requirements.
The BI Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI and SSAS). You have an analytic approach to solving business requirements which enables increased collaboration between the business data analysts and the BI development team.
You will be joining an existing team that is growing to support the needs of the business for increased insights and holistic views of their business across all their business domains.
Key success factors for the candidate in this role are:
- Excellent Analysis and Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities to develop insightful conclusions and generate data and reporting solutions to address the business needs
- You have a good understanding of the type of quality assurance processes that are required to support successful implementations of BI Solutions
- You are naturally collaborative and work well across multiple disciplines involved in delivery the BI solutions for the business.
Apart from strong results and process orientation, your other strengths include your ability to work both independently and collaboratively depending on the needs of the business and the BI team. You’ll possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and you’re admired for your creative problem solving skills, ‘can do’ mentality and your level of understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and solutions.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in an IT-related field or relevant experience working in multiple geographically distributed teams and systems
- 1-3 years experiencing working in a Business Intelligence role
- 3-5 years of Advance SQL skills working with relational databases to write complex queries and stored procedures
- 2+ years experience working with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) including core BI activities of data extraction, aggregation, transformation and loading (ETL)
- 2+ years experience in delivery to customers requirements for and interactive SSRS dashboards and reports
- Experience working with customers located in geographically different locations
- Experience working in the insurance industry, specifically worker’s compensation, is advantageous but not mandatory
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Demonstrated ability to independently time manage, and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Worked on Relational Databases using SQL in performing data integration, validation and cleansing
- Has an excellent understanding of Dimensional Data Modelling concepts
- Proficient with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Proficient in creating sophisticated and interactive SSRS dashboards and reports using Microsoft SSRS
- Experience with PowerBI is desirable
- Experience with analytics / OLAP development is preferred
- Experience with the use of DAX ( Data Analysis Expression) is preferred but knowledge of DAX without the experience is acceptable
- Experience with Atlassian tools JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to read and manage communication styles of team members and stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Able to proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills for working with clients
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
- Has strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Has solid Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
Business Intelligence (BI) – Developer in HCM