PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Performs Technical Engineering Designs, Calculations and Analysis specific to Offshore Projects.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel assigned to the position.
- Produce calculations, reports, drawings, specifications and other contractual documentation for structural engineering projects.
- Check, review & approve sketches and scope of work documents for Engineering Projects.
- Prepare, check and review structural design work is completed in accordance with company, client and relevant Australian and International Standards.
- Provide ongoing technical advice to design team and resolve structural issues during drafting, fabrication and installation of projects.
- Liaise with project coordinators and/or managers to develop concepts and progress designs to completion.
- Interpret specifications and performance requirements to determine suitability of materials and equipment.
- Participate with the determination of feasibility of designs, considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations.
- Verify test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Liaise with design team and other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Maintain a proactive approach in the development of the company, provide feedback to management and strive to implement continual improvement.
In addition to the above-mentioned theoretical requirements, the following practical skills are required for proper execution of the job, including:
- High level written and verbal communication skills, including a high level or technical writing and/or report writing.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience and common sense.
- Ability to work under minimal direction / supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills (i.e. proven ability to interact, develop and maintain a positive working relationship with personnel on all levels, both within and external to the company)
- Strong personal attributes, including resilience, initiative, judgement and self-confidence
- High level computer skills, familiarity with SpaceGass Software’s and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Quality Knowledge
- Occupational Health & Safety Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- 1-year offshore oil & gas structural design
- Degree Qualification in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Oil & Gas Industry Background
- Working knowledge of International Standards (AISC 360-10, DNV etc)
- Proficient in design, document preparation and drawing reviews.
- Membership of Relevant Professional Association (i.e. Institute of Engineers Australia)
- Ability to work independently
- Participate in company QHSE programs