- Work with Cloud infrastructure Engineer to automate infrastructure delivery.
- Manage access to services in AWS with the use of groups, Assuming roles and ACL’s in a multi-account setup under an organization.
- Build and deploy controls in AWS to prevent deployments outside of operating or agreed parameters, Tagging, VPC’s, roles and IAM.
- Provide Support and query handling from development teams
- Re-architect on-premise services to cloud where cost effective.
- Monitoring and recommend security improvements in AWS.
- Monitor Cloud Infrastructure to ensure performance and high availability.
- Implement backup strategy for cloud infrastructure.
- Documenting Infrastructure builds and deployments.
- Operate using DevOps and Agile practices.
- Ensure operating costs in the cloud are kept optimal. Systems run only when they need to.
- The position requires interaction with the development teams.
- Maintain key vendor relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in an IT-related discipline
- Desired MCSE accreditation or equivalent knowledge
Skills & experience:
- Minimum 3 years of paid employment in deploying AWS infrastructure using scripting languages, Python, PowerShell, Cloud Formation.
- Good understanding of roles-based access in AWS.
- Good understanding of Security in the cloud and best practices.
- Experience in Key AWS services, EC2, Lambda, EBS, Glue, Cloud Formation.
- Experience working with multiple platforms, Unix, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows.
- Experience in re-architecture of On-Premise infrastructure to the cloud.
- Experience working in a DevOps and agile environment.
- Experience in virtual environments VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Experience using Confluence and Jira.
- Desirable experience in Networking, Subnets, VLAN’s and access lists.
- Desired experience in databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MYSQL).
- Desired experience in Web Technology, (IIS, Apache, Load balancers)
- Desirable experience using Bit bucket, CircleCi, Bamboo, Crowd.
- Desirable experience in Azure.
- Excellent communication skills to express needs to the organization
- Good at analysing and able to think logically
- Able to adapt to changes in technology
- Excellent organisational skills
- Working collaboratively with teams to deliver outcomes.
- Adopt Agile and DevOps practices