The Database Administrator role underpins the sustainability and growth of the company through the effective management of underlying technology supporting our core applications. The role is part of a high performing team that works strategically to provide stable, scalable, secure, and responsive technology platforms to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor servers and services with a continuous improvement focus to ensure that they are optimised, efficient, and responsive
- Proactive response to incident and problem management, analysing issues and working with wider technology teams to resolve anomalies, restore services, and resolve problems
- Provide database support to development teams and business teams through peer review of changes, providing advice to developers, assisting the management and development of production and non-production environments
- Develop, implement, forecast and drive the strategic direction, performance and sustainability of databases.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation. Maintain awareness of industry developments and trends and respond effectively to changes.
Build and maintain robust and productive internal and external relationships to facilitate the delivery of the strategy and objectives including:
- Communicate impact of incidents and fixes with service management teams as appropriate
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders, internal clients and the management team by displaying our values and behaviours.
- Clarifying and managing key stakeholder expectations with respect to database system availability and performance.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar database administrator role, working within in in a fast-paced business environment
- Qualification aligned to technology discipline and Microsoft SQL Server database management
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Strong understanding of IT architecture principles
- Working Hours: Mon-fri, AU Business Hours