- To manage the Tax function at Dexterous
- To provide on-going support for both client and staff on tax issues
- To ensure work completed of a high quality and within required timeframes
- To communicate with and manage client expectations and escalate issues that arise to superiors
- Apply Tax legislation
- Will oversee the whole tax team
- Determine the external reporting policies and expectations of an
- Prepare reports in accordance with requirements and policies
- Participate in managing the external reporting function
- Ensure work completed on behalf clients is free of errors or inaccuracies.
- For instances when you do not feel you have the knowledge or expertise to complete a task, escalate the task to management accompanied by your recommended course of action.
- Provide ongoing guidance of junior staff to ensure quality is maintained.
- Review of junior staff work to ensure quality is maintained.
- Management timeframe expectations of stakeholders.
- Communicate expected timeframes to clients and management.
- Ensure that management and clients are informed of expected changes in timeframes ahead of time.
- Train junior staff.
- Review the work and provide feedback to junior staff.
- Contribute to the formal review process of junior staff.
- Manage the expectations of your managers.
- Ability to work through client issues and provide appropriate
recommendations to resolve.
- Ability to analyse income tax and highlight any anomalies for either client or management’s advice / query.
- Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Actively contribute to team discussions relating to continuous
improvements in business processes and procedures.
- Actively encourage junior staff to contribute to discussions relating to business processes and procedures.
- Continually follow the standard processes and procedures of the
- Take actions to ensure junior staff follow standard processes and
- Report breakdowns or weaknesses in processes and procedures to
management for review.
- Contribute to the preparation of standard processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and procedures.
Ensure that work is prioritised in accordance with business priorities.
- Ensure daily timesheets are accurately maintained and presented on a timely basis.
- Ensure on-time attendance to work in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to management prioritise time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Australian Tax Knowledge required
- Experience in preparation of Australian income tax returns
- Strong written English language skills.
- Intermediate verbal English language skills.
- Intermediate interpersonal communication.
- Intermediate initiative and problem-solving skill ability.
- Intermediate interpersonal and analytical communication.
- Willingness to develop knowledge about the relevant
subject matter of the role.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products
including the intermediate skill level of MS Word, MS Excel.
- Competent in use of XERO.
- 5+ years work experience.
- Experience in working with XERO or MYOB.
- BAS, IAS, ITR, FBT preparation and review required
- Strong Australian Tax and accounting knowledge
- Experience in development processes and procedures and implementation of same.
- Experience in assignments in managing client assignments and projects.
- Experience using MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated organisational planning and coordination skills.
- Experience working independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience using CRM software (Preferred).