Reporting to the Lawyers and Support Staff of the firm, a Legal Assistant will have the responsibility of backing up teams with the highest needs. Careful training and the appointment of a buddy during your initial onboarding will ensure a smooth induction to the firm’s legal assistant processes.
With a focus preforming administrative file duties, the below responsibilities are detailed, but not limited to:
- Regularly undertake instructions from the firm’s digital platforms as assigned.
- Follow the directions of lawyers and staff to maintain a high level of client service by carrying out all tasks on client legal files. Carefully follow the instructions by completing every task indicated by email or via action sheet.
- On an action sheet, once a task is complete insert your initials, date and indicate time spent in the allocated spaces on the action sheet;
- Ensure you do not return any incomplete action sheets or sign off when a task as not been completed in full;
- Communicate any incomplete tasks or queries via email to the file to your appointed team or the legal assistant;
- Refer to your appointed team if you are unsure of any instructions prior to submitting your completed work;
- Diarize any tasks to be followed up using Microsoft Outlook and cc the relevant team
- Proofread all material prior to presentation, ensuring grammar and punctuation is flawless and all necessary attachments are included;
- Where possible, inform teams you have capacity to provide back-up administrative support in other areas of our law firm; and
- Perform all other administrative tasks and projects as assigned by the firm and the members of the legal and support teams.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Administration, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Data Entry experience highly desired
- Advanced English proficiency (written and spoken)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft outlook, excel, word, internet, access database)
- High accuracy with data entry/typing.
- High attention to detail, thorough, and self-motivated
- Excellent Time Management
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Timeliness and quality of client service delivery.