Our client leads a committed group of compensation lawyers and support staff in Melbourne (Victoria, Australia), who treat a client as an individual person, not a file. They understand that a serious injury affects their clients and their families and has a significant impact on their health, finances and family life. This client work hard for their clients on a no win, no fee basis, giving them the peace of mind that they don’t need to worry about legal fees until their case is won.
Reporting to the Lawyers and Support Staff of the client, the Clinical Records Assistant provides administrative support services to ensure excellence, timeliness and quality of client service delivery.
- Sending requests for medical records
- Carefully follow action sheet process or email instructions from the teams to request records from clinics and hospitals;
- Research name and address of clinics or hospitals to confirm all details;
- Send requests by email, if not, fax;
- Ascertain if an application fee is required for requests to public hospitals;
- Correspond with the Finance team whether a cheque or EFT application fee applies – Finance team have a list of procedures for different hospitals.
- Generate precedent letters requesting records and email/fax out with client’s signed authority.
- Where cheque is required, coordinate with the Finance team to attach cheques to letters and ask their Mail Clerks to send these out by post.
- Apply a high level of accuracy and maintenance to their client case management system via the FilePro software. Importantly updating case contacts details, and assisting in case documentation.
- Create a tracking system via an Excel database spreadsheet and regularly update the status of all requests.
- Following up on requests
Prior to following up, check Filepro whether records have been received:
- Search for doctor’s name/hospital’s name, or key words such as ‘Pay’, ‘Invoice’, ‘Records’.
- Check in ‘Incoming Mail Folder’ in Filepro whether records are there.
- If there is correspondence from a doctor or hospital asking an for invoice to be paid before records are released, check if invoice has been paid/ forward invoice to Finance.
- If records are not received, proceed to execute the follow up policy (“Policy”) and as you do so update by inputting status into the Excel spreadsheet.
- Continue to execute the Policy until the records are received or you are advised to cease efforts.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Administration, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Data Entry experience highly desired
- Advanced English proficiency (written and spoken)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft outlook, excel, word, internet, access database)
- High accuracy with data entry/typing.
- High attention to detail, thorough, and self-motivated
- Excellent Time Management
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.