The Content Writer will be responsible for creating compelling internal and external content for print and digital media including website, social media, ATL and BTL advertising, newsletters and corporate communications. The Writer must be able to represent the brand’s voice and write with clarity and purpose. They will also be responsible for developing creative ideas and concepts, and oversee campaigns from ideation to reporting.
- Align with brand guidelines including upholding tone of voice styles for key audiences and applying the style guide consistently
- Initiate, plan and write effective sales generating promotional content for landing pages, promotional banners, email campaigns, online advertising, and search engine meta data
- Research, conceptualise, write, proofread and edit offline and online content
- Write compelling copy that achieves strategic goals and increases conversion rates
- Use creativity to develop web, marketing and brand materials that position a competitive advantage for the company
- Ensure copy integrity and quality control
- Translate complex business themes into clear, engaging and actionable content
- Work collaboratively with others to brainstorm concepts and coordinate content creation
- Actively monitor industry and competitive trends in the marketplace
- Partner with product owners, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieves business goals
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels
- Ensure online content complies with corporate brand standards, web style guide, legal and compliance
- Work with the UX team to refine Information Architecture labels and language based on customer testing results
- Work with the SEO Advisor to optimise on and off page content to drive increased conversion rates
- Collaborate on the development of content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes
- Partner with other writers within the organisation to leverage and share ideas and make recommendations that apply broadly across multiple channels
- Review analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behaviour to manage and shape content and messaging strategies
- Evaluate the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
Deliverable & Objective(s)
- Content and report writing including internal newsletter, case studies, industry updates, profiles, product launches, brochures, flyers and other advertising material
- Product and service copy supporting websites, eDMs, paid media, social media, tenders and reports. Copy may include product or service descriptions, case studies, value propositions or profiles
- Achieve a high and consistent level of output aligned with deadlines and business requirements
- actively participate in team ideation and creative workshops for upcoming campaigns
- Actively participate in team meetings, contributing to discussion and overall team culture
- Work with graphic designers, copywriter, animator, SEO and campaign specialists and web team to provide advice and content for required channels
- Minimum 5 years content writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proof long form articles (must provide writing samples of published works)
- Experience with writing for brands and adapting to tone of voice and style guide
- Solid understanding of best writing practices for a range of channels
- Must have strong experience with translating business information into compelling copy
- Knowledge of how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create engaging content
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, time management and work ethic
- Interested in continuously learning about the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions. A degree or experience in advertising, communications, journalism or PR or equivalent is required
- Background in writing for products, finance, annual reports, public relations, corporate communications is a plus
- Strong understanding of how to target key audiences and drive sales through engaging copy
- Ability to collate information from multiple sources to compile accurate and meaningful product and service information, industry updates, and stories
- Advanced proficiency in the English language, grammar and usage
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to perform primary and secondary research to support content creation
- Experience working in a public-listed company environment is a plus
- Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Productive and driven: Fast-paced, agile and dynamic – ability to turn around a task quickly, with minimal supervision
- Business insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation’s goals.
- Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problem.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Tech savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building and technology applications.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tacking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives result: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Evaluative (critically evaluates information, looks for potential limitations, focusses upon errors)
- Achieving (ambitious and career-centred, likes to work to demanding goals and targets)
- Innovative (generates new ideas, enjoys being creative, thinks of original solutions)
- Adaptable (changes behaviour to suit the situation, adapts approach to different people)
- Detail conscious (focusses on detail, likes to be methodical, organised and systematic, may become pre-occupied with detail))
- Socially confident (feels comfortable when first meeting people, at ease in formal situations)
- Low data rational (prefers dealing with opinions and feeling rather than facts and figures, likely to avoid using statistics)
- Low forward thinking (more likely to focus upon immediate rather than long-term issues, less likely to take a strategic perspective) )
- Low vigorous (likes to take things at a steady pace, dislikes excessive work demands)
- Low Decisive (tends to be cautious when making decisions, likes to take time to each conclusions)
- Low independent minded (accepts majority decision, prepared to follow the consensus)