The client’s strategy is to become THE go-to platform for businesses to procure healthcare services. By 2026 they will be transacting $1B in healthcare services through their platform, their NPS scores for clients, providers and employees will be 90%+ and their corporate social responsibility program will connect over 100,000 Australians in need with healthcare services each year.
To achieve this mission it is critical that they employ an experienced Accounts Payable Officer capable of working with customers to ensure invoices are paid on time. The candidate must be able to communicate well with internal and external customers.
The core objective of the Accounts Payable Officer is to ensure the timely and accurate payment of healthcare provider invoices via electronic funds transfer, cheque or credit card. As part of the role, the Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for communicating with healthcare providers in relation to payments made and requesting the timely return of medical information.
Management of a workflow queue to ensure timely and accurate accounts payable function, including:
- Develop relationships with healthcare providers (as required)
- Payment of healthcare provider invoices via EFT, cheque and credit card (finance data entry)
- Workflow management to ensure payments are prioritised and actioned at the appropriate time (eg. urgent payments vs periodic payments)
- Requesting healthcare provider refunds if required
- Managing a generic email inbox
- Resolve healthcare provider questions or complaints in a timely manner
- Liaising with UHG’s case managers in relation to specific payment requests or queries
- Reconciliation of payments on a periodic basis
- Extremely organised and able to work autonomously
- Ability to undertake repetitive work whilst maintaining concentration
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Intermediate computer skills (especially Excel and E-mail)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Key performance indicators
- Number of payments processed per day
You will thrive in an organisation and team with strong commitment to values but intense organisational agility and swift decision making. You will celebrate the wins but embrace a strong culture of innovation and test & learn. You and the client will work as a team and succeed as a team, blitzing their targets and making the client’s names synonymous with trusted partner, delivery and innovation.