Our client is Australia’s largest manufacturer of rigid plastics packaging. We are currently looking for a Junior Graphic Designer who enjoys working across various platforms of communication in both a team and an autonomous environment. Reporting to the Head of Marketing in Australia, this role works closely with all client departments to develop and produce design solutions for customer presentations, brochures, reports, tradeshow exhibitions, publications, events, and online platforms.
- Lead and work with a team of designers, writers, and agencies through ideation, concepting, detailed design, prototyping, and final delivery
- Work with designers to prototype and envision future product features, including phased feature rollouts and short-term vs. long-term solutions based on engineering constraints
- Work across teams to ensure utilizing both qualitative and quantitative insights into the design process and are clear about how they influence design decisions
- Ability to provide a variety of approaches to problem-solving and product development
- Attention to detail across applied to everything from strategic and creative direction to usability and millimeter-level aesthetics
- Provide timely resolution to reported problems with existing assets
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization’s marketing objectives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and advertisements ideas and campaigns with the Marketing team
- Work to timelines, prioritizing urgent projects, and demonstrating flexibility to last-minute change
- Understanding brand and consumer journey to develop meaningful and impactful campaigns
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Professional Degree/Master’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software and InDesign. Experience with digital design is a plus.
- Proven experience leading designers, projects, and processes including insights, ideation, validation, and implementation
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection
- Selecting, cropping, editing, and briefing photography; both product and lifestyle to support business requirements
- Prior experience doing design for corporate clients will be an advantage.
- Project management experience including the ability to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Stay current with trends, emerging design techniques, and application both Globally and within Australia
- Expert understanding of Graphic Design Principles.
- Experience with layout conversion optimization and the ability to create visual pathways for audience comprehension.
- Demonstrated experience with print design including knowledge of color space, printing processes, color separation, grid layout, and master pages.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with marketing and IT departments on a formal, informal, written, and verbal level
- Dayshift (Monday to Friday)
- Career training inside the company
- Friendly Environment and Culture
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Team outing, travel opportunities, company party, and other exciting activities
- Industry-related training and international exposure
- Career advancement opportunities; vertical and horizontal development