Be part of a solutions company in Australia that helps SMEs on asset finance and work with a committed team that strives for continuous company and economic growth. This role will provide development and training into a more senior accounting role such as a financial accountant. As an Assistant Accountant, your focus is reconciliation, accounts payable, and assistance in the month-end. You will be reporting to a Team Leader in Australia.
- Processing of daily drawings and settlement of deals, receipts, refund, bank file & drawing master file.
- Preparation of funding and funder payment.
- Processing of all accounts payable and raise invoices as requested & chase for payment.
- Daily reconciliation of bank transactions, credit cards, and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Monthly accounting and assistance, as needed, with Finance teams with the deadline on month-end close, reporting, and with auditing.
- Involved in updating best practices in accounting processes as required and other ad hoc related duties.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- An accounting degree graduate with at least 2 years of Australian accounting experience is essential for the job
- Knowledge of XERO and MS Excel exposure can be anticipated but it is highly desirable to have these skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication are expected to communicate well with stakeholders
- A high level of accuracy and a strong eye for detail; reliability, with a strong work ethic and firm commitment is also an essential trait for the role.
- Proactive; someone who can take ownership and who wants to grow and develop
- Fixed morning shift (Monday-Friday)
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Team outing, travel opportunities, company party, and other exciting activities
- Exposure to an international environment, working with people across Malaysia, Vietnam, and Australia
- Industry-related training
- Career advancement opportunities; vertical and horizontal development