Our client is Australia’s leading independent provider of Responsible Entity, Trustee, Corporate Trust, Fund Administration and Custody Services.
The company is responsible for in excess of 200 funds and $25bn in a wide range of underlying asset classes including infrastructure, real estate, equities, fixed income, private equity and fund of funds.
Their clients include global and Australian listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, private equity firms and boutique managers.
- Coding, reconciling and preparing all payments – tax, incentives, accounts payable, credit cards, expense reimbursements and other sundry cash payments.
- Tracking and reporting on all accounts payable and creditors as required.
- Issuing all invoices, managing GST calculations and reconciliations, tracking receivables and escalating late payments.
- Maintenance of accounting records including entering transactions into Reckon Accounts (previously called Quickbooks) accounting software.
- Data entry of monthly general journals across subsidiaries
- Working within the finance team to contribute to the accurate and timely reporting & forecasting of revenue, cash-flow and expenses.
- Reconciling all corporate and trust bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile credit card statements and reimbursements to expense claims.
- Preparation and lodgement of BASs including detailed GST reconciliations and work papers quarterly
- Relevant qualifications in accounting and/or finance (CPA/CA qualified or willingness to study CPA/CA preferred);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- Proficient in using accounting software – Reckon Accounts (previously called Quickbooks)
- High attention to detail;
- Strong discipline in record keeping;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Show initiative in suggesting process improvements – questioning not accepting;
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely work in accordance with deadlines;
- A team player and also able to work independently; and
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to improve and grow the business
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES:
- 100% accurate reconciliations of all cash accounts, credit cards, tax (PAYG, GST etc), creditors and receivables ledgers each week
- High levels of timeliness and accuracy in forecasting cash-flow and expenses
- 100% accurate and timely record keeping and reconciliation of managed fund holdings and client trust account currency holdings each week against company’s records, platform records and fund manager records
- Timely meeting of all payments (ie on due date)
- Timely issuance of all invoices (ie escalation on due date)
- Timely collection of accounts receivable
- Flexible and agile thinking about how to improve the business efficiency
- Adapting to & pre-empting the changing nature of company’s need as the business grows and evolves
- Managing third party service providers upon whom the company relies in delivering its end to end service to clients
- Communicating, training and coordinating with our staff and external suppliers in an effective manner
CALL TO ACTION:
To advance your career with us, please apply online now…