Our client is responsible for in excess of 200 funds and $10bn in a wide range of underlying asset classes including infrastructure, real estate, equities, fixed income, private equity and fund of funds.
The position is to work in a supportive business services compliance team and handle the compliance requirements of company’s clients on the below services
- Coordinating with the Team Leader/Managers to request and keep track of all accounting information needed for a monthly reporting pack such as invoices, property manager’s report, bank statement…
- Recording monthly transactions into an accounting software. Cooperating with team members to identify the unusual accounting transactions or investigate any issues incurred then apply the appropriate treatment.
- Preparing an accurate and timely reporting pack in excel on a monthly basis and the annual financial statements.
- Preparing a distribution report with withholding tax calculation bi-monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Preparing BAS report which includes the detailed GST reconciliations and working papers on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual income tax return upon request.
- Other ad-hoc tasks.
- Relevant qualifications in accounting and/or finance (CPA/CA qualified or willingness to study CPA/CA preferred);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- Proficient in using accounting software;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong discipline in record keeping;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Show initiative in suggesting process improvements – questioning not accepting;
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely work in accordance with deadlines;
- A team player and also able to work independently; and
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to improve further.