Our client is Australia’s leading independent provider of Responsible Entity, Trustee, Corporate Trust, Fund Administration and Custody Services.
The company is responsible for in excess of 200 funds and $25bn in a wide range of underlying asset classes including infrastructure, real estate, equities, fixed income, private equity and fund of funds.
Their clients include global and Australian listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, private equity firms and boutique managers.
Due to its recent growth, our client now requires an Assistant Manager/Manager with responsibility for a number of property and private equity funds including:
- Successfully mentor, manager and train staff member;
- Daily oversight of a team of approximately Fund Accountants and Senior Fund Accountants;
- Ensure all client deliverables are in line with service level agreements
- Perform BAU fund accounting duties where necessary;
- Address complex issues, ad hoc projects & process improvements;
- Ensure you and your team adhere to organisational operation risk and compliance policies.
What’s on Offer?
- Attractive package;
- Work in a great team environment; boutique
- On-the-job training and development; and
- Excellent CBD location.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Requirements for Successful CandidatesCompensation will be commensurate with skills and the role.
This client employs people who have professional aptitude and are determined to develop a successful career. They challenge employees who want to further their skills through ongoing training and education.
Successful candidates will have the following competencies:
- 7-12 years of general accounting experience;
- Team leadership experience;
- Relevant qualifications in accounting and/or finance (CPA/CA qualified or willingness to study CPA/CA preferred);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Be able to demonstrate process improvements – questioning not accepting;
- Effective stake holder management;
- A team player and also able to work independently