UNIT REGISTRY ADMIN OFFICER
Our client is a leading provider of Registry Services to the financial market participants in Australia.
Its reputation for outstanding service standards and our ability to offer tailored solutions to our clients has resulted in significant growth of our registry operation requiring an immediate need to expand.
This is an opportunity to join an established growing business in a rapidly expanding financial services group with over $35 billion FUA.
Our client has a specialist team that service a large client base of reputable Fund Managers and their investors. The team is responsible for processing daily transactions received from investors as well as distributions, completing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Know Your Client (KYC) checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Receive initial and additional applications from the business unit and accurately and efficiently input into the registry system. This includes the full account setup, which records all of the investors details that need to be collected and input to meet AML/KYC/FATCA & CRS requirements.
- Input application trades into the registry system.
- Process static data maintenance requests from the team. This includes updating clients details such as addresses, emails and banking details.
- To communicate effectively with the team regarding the prioritisation of work items and inter daily deliverables.
- To ensure that all daily and monthly operational registry and reporting deliverables for all clients are met, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establish & build relationships with internal parties.
- Ensuring integrity of static data and client on boarding.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Graduate in accounting, finance, economics degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream.
- A basic knowledge of the department’s operational flows – e.g. transaction and Customer procedures.
- Good liaison skills across all levels of the team.
- Excellent typing skills with high accuracy 90WPM
- Committed to providing the highest quality of service to our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional l attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent English skills
- A basic understanding of core registry processes, AML/KYC requirements, fund accounting operational knowledge would be desired, but not essential
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Self-motivated and consistently looks for ways to do things more effectively and efficiently and develop creative solutions to everyday challenges
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, perform under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage competing interests and time schedules
- Ability to adopt a consultative and cooperative approach
- Motivated, engaged, flexible and resilient
- High levels of integrity and personal ethics and excels under pressure
- Well organised and excellent in email and file management