Our client is one of the largest insurance company in Australia founded in 1910. They focus on proving insurance services supporting workers, employees and organizations reducing risks and improving return to work outcomes.
The Database Administrator role underpins the sustainability and growth of the project through the effective management of underlying technology supporting our core applications.
You will is part of a high performing team that works strategically to provide stable, scalable, secure, and responsive technology platforms to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor, develop, implement, forecast and drive the strategic direction, growth, performance management, and sustainability of databases
- Proactive response to the incident and problem management, analyzing issues and working with wider technology teams to resolve anomalies, restore services, and resolve problems
- Provide database support to development teams and business teams, developers
- Perform all lifecycle activities relating to databases including installations, upgrades, patches, decommissions, and migrations
- Review and maintain security, policy, and procedural documentation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar database administrator role, working within a fast-paced business environment
- Qualification aligned to technology discipline and Microsoft SQL Server database management
- Experience working with databases that support custom-developed applications
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong understanding of IT architecture principles
- Experience working with international teams, using remote working technology, and providing support to customers in many time zones.
- Global exposure working with a wide range of large business clients and build on your existing skill sets
- Be part of a positive and engaging office environment
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Attractive bonus salary, private healthcare insurance, company outings
- Training to develop our employees: Organizational Behavior, Management and Leadership training, Professional Scrum Master by Scrum.org, etc…
- Opportunities to work in an Agile environment.