CFO/ Senior Accountant in HCM
Core Accountabilities (the major tasks the role will be accountable for)
- Coding, reconciling and preparing all payments – salary, tax, incentives, accounts payable, credit cards, expense reimbursements and other sundry cash payments.
- Tracking and reporting on all accounts payable and creditors as required.
- Issuing all invoices, managing GST calculations and reconciliations, tracking receivables and escalating late payments.
- Working with the Finance Associate and external accountants, contribute to the accurate and timely reporting & forecasting of revenue, cashflow and expenses.
- Managing leave and all other payroll functions through liaison with the payroll services provider and external accountants.
- Reconciling all bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Facilitating client investments into external managed funds including arranging foreign exchange, reconciling client holdings in funds to platforms and to fund manager records, maintaining client investments database of funds and other support for managed funds investments by clients.
- Reconcile credit card statements and reimbursements to expense claims in the Expensify application that is utilised by the business
Key Challenges (what aspects of the business, culture or internal/external environment may significantly impact on the position)
- Adapting to & pre-empting the changing nature of company’s need as the business grows and evolves
- Managing third party service providers upon whom the company relies in delivering its end to end service to clients
- Communicating, training and co-ordinating with other staff and external suppliers in an effective manner
Key Success Measures (what will success in the position look like; quantitative and/or qualitative)
- 100% accurate reconciliations of all cash accounts, credit cards, payroll, tax (PAYG, GST etc), leave and other related payroll balances, creditors and receivables ledgers each week
- High levels of timeliness and accuracy in forecasting cashflow and expenses
- 100% accurate and timely record keeping and reconciliation of managed fund holdings and client trust account currency holdings each week against company’s records, platform records and fund manager records
- Timely meeting of all payments (ie on due date)
- Timely issuance of all invoices (ie escalation on due date)
- Flexible and agile thinking about how to improve business efficiency
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience gained in professional services accounting environment.
- Australian Experience or Education is preferable
- Experienced in month-end accounting, and Reporting
- Initiatives to improve processes
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills