Content Writer in Malaysia (AUD 1,000 Sign-on Bonus!)
The Content Writer must have demonstrated experience in writing SEO-compliant copy for online sales and marketing initiatives. The Content Writer will also develop and produce successful content for print and digital media. They will be responsible for developing creative ideas and concepts, oversee campaigns from ideation to reporting and deliver compelling content across a range of channels from technical SEO pieces to internal communication platforms. Responsibility:
- The Content Writer must display competence in the following areas, backed by relevant working experience:
- Write compelling copy that achieves strategic goals and increases conversion rates
- Work collaboratively with others to brainstorm concepts and coordinate content creation
- Initiate, plan, write and maintain effective sales generating promotional content for landing pages, promotional banners, email campaigns, online advertising, and search engine meta data
- Research, conceptualize, write, proofread and edit offline and online content
- Use creativity to develop web, marketing and brand materials that position a competitive advantage for the company
- Ensure copy integrity and quality control
- Translate business goals into clear, engaging and actionable content
- Make sure that changes to copy is carried through in every element of the site
- Actively monitor industry and competitive trends in the marketplace
- Partner with product owners, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieves business goals
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels
- Ensure online content complies with corporate brand standards, web style guide, legal and compliance.
- Work with the UX team to refine Information Architecture labels and language based on customer testing results.
- Work with the SEO Advisor to optimise on and off page content to drive increased conversion rates
- Collaborate on the development of content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes
- Partner with other writers within the organisation to leverage and share ideas and make recommendations that apply broadly across multiple channels
- Review analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behaviour to manage and shape content and messaging strategies
- Evaluate the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Minimum of 3 years’ copywriting experience, with a broad range of writing styles, will be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proof (must provide writing samples of previous work done)
- Solid understanding of best web writing practices.
- Must have strong experience with direct response and translating business information into compelling copy.
- Strong understanding of how to target key audiences and drive sales through engaging copy
- Knowledge of how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create engaging content.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interested in continuously learning about the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions. A degree or experience in communications, journalism or PR is an advantage.