Copywriter in HCM (AUD 1,000 Sign-on Bonus!)
Role Purpose: The Copywriter will drive the continuous improvement program, to develop and produce successful content for print and digital media. They will be responsible for developing creative ideas and concepts, oversee campaigns from ideation to reporting and deliver compelling content across a range of channels from technical SEO pieces to internal communication platforms.
- Initiate, plan and write maintain effective sales generating promotional content for landing pages, promotional banners, email campaigns, online advertising, and search engine meta data
- Convert public company releases into news stories for publishing via the company’s media outlets.
- Research, conceptualize, write, proofread and edit offline and online content
- Write compelling copy that achieves strategic goals and increases conversion rates
- Use creativity to develop web, marketing and brand materials that position a competitive advantage for the company
- Ensure copy integrity and quality control
- Translate business goals into clear, engaging and actionable content
- Work collaboratively with others to brainstorm concepts and coordinate content creation
- Make sure that changes to copy is carried through in every element of the site
- Actively monitor industry and competitive trends in the marketplace
- Partner with product owners, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieves business goals.
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels.
- Ensure online content complies with corporate brand standards, web style guide, legal and compliance.
- Work with the UX team to refine Information Architecture labels and language based on customer testing results.
- Work with the SEO Advisor to optimise on and off page content to drive increased conversion rates.
- Collaborate on the development of content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes.
- Partner with other writers within the organisation to leverage and share ideas and make recommendations that apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Review analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behaviour to manage and shape content and messaging strategies.
- Evaluate the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Excellent English skills are mandatory
- Minimum 5 years’ copywriting experience
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proof (must provide writing samples of web site content and e-marketing campaign copy)
- Solid understanding of best web writing practices.
- Must have strong experience with direct response and translating business information into compelling copy.
- Knowledge of how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create engaging content.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interested in continuously learning about the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions. A degree or experience in communications, journalism or PR required.
- Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Business insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation’s goals.
- Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problem.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Tech savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building and technology applications.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tacking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives result: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Background in product-based copywriting
- Strong understanding of how to target key audiences and drive sales through engaging copy
- Ability to collate information from multiple sources to compile accurate and meaningful product and service information
- Evaluative (critically evaluates information, looks for potential limitations, focusses upon errors)
- Achieving (ambitious and career-centred, likes to work to demanding goals and targets)
- Innovative (generates new ideas, enjoys being creative, thinks of original solutions)
- Adaptable (changes behaviour to suit the situation, adapts approach to different people)
- Detail conscious (focusses on detail, likes to be methodical, organised and systematic, may become pre-occupied with detail)
- Socially confident (feels comfortable when first meeting people, at ease in formal situations)
- Low data rational (prefers dealing with opinions and feeling rather than facts and figures, likely to avoid using statistics)
- Low forward thinking (more likely to focus upon immediate rather than long-term issues, less likely to take a strategic perspective)
- Low vigorous (likes to take things at a steady pace, dislikes excessive work demands)
- Low Decisive (tends to be cautious when making decisions, likes to take time to each conclusions)
- Low independent minded (accepts majority decision, prepared to follow the consensus)