Graphic Designer in HCM
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, utilize professional publishing, imaging, and prepress software to design publications, create graphics, and prepare publications for production on conventional offset printing presses, in accordance with graphic arts and offset printing industry standards.
- Use specialized publishing software to format and combine text, numerical data, photographs, charts, and other visual graphic elements to produce files ready for offset printing production.
- Work collaboratively with writers, editors, graphic designers, and others to prepare their files for the offset printing production process.
- Paginate finished publications using specialized offset printing imposition software.
- Develop overall layout and design of newsletters, brochures, books, posters, and other documents.
- Scan and prepare client photographs and illustrations for the offset printing process, including color correction, image retouching and silhouetting, and special filtering and textural effects.
- Produce film negatives, color separations, high quality color proofs and finished offset printing plates.
- Troubleshoot and repair problematic files as needed.
- Create posters using large format poster printer and mid-size digital printers.
- Review client files for adherence to the college/university’s graphic identity standard and the United States Postal Service mailing regulations.
- Provide technical support for the college/university community regarding new and traditional graphic arts techniques and procedures.
- Maintain currency with latest design and offset printing technology and evaluate new publishing and prepress software.
- Install and maintain application software and computer operating systems.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs to department equipment.
- Work with prepress supervisor to develop, implement, and maintain imaging and prepress workflow procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Work background in traditional prepress, including knowledge of trapping, halftones, screen angles, and dot gain.
- Computer skills as required by department.
- Printing Prepress expert
- Proficient in inDesign
- Full understating of setting up files to print ready PDFs
- Ability to troubleshoot and pick up file errors before sending to print.
- Sound knowledge of print and print production
- Ability to produce variable data files for personalised direct mail campaigns
- Good written communication skills
- Design skills an advantage
- Skills good to have Video Editing