iOS Developer in HCM
- Design and Build Mobile Applications: The main role of iOS developers is designing and building applications on the iOS platform. They work with teams of computer engineers, software developers, and other professionals to present design ideas with interactive prototypes, mock-ups, and wireframes. iOS developers write code to power these apps and must ensure that they are user friendly.
- Test Applications for Optimal Performance: Once an app has been created, iOS developers run tests to identify design flaws and bugs, such as performing code reviews and performance analyses. They collaborate with others to conduct these tests, take feedback, implement changes, and document issues and resolutions.
- Integrate Applications: iOS developers are primarily responsible for integrating new apps for use on mobile devices. They also implement new features in existing apps, perform maintenance on iOS applications, and make sure that apps are compatible with various models of mobile devices.
- Evaluate New Technologies: iOS developers are expected to continually explore and evaluate new technologies to optimize application development. This includes reviewing coding standards, software development processes, and solution choices. They gain this knowledge through seminars, conferences, or continuing education courses.
Creative individuals with strong coding skills. In addition to a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or a related area, candidates should possess the following abilities:
- Coding – implementing quality coding into mobile apps is a priority for iOS developers, and they must be knowledgeable in XCode, Swift 4.2, MVC architecture, Apple services (Push Notification, Apple Wallet, Apple Pay, Keychain, Location Services etc.).
- Experience with 3rd party integrations – Google Firebase for push notification and other Google service, card.io for card scanning, Alamofire as http client, CocoaPod for lib control etc.
- Software development – iOS developer should be well schooled in software development processes and adept at using software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Troubleshooting – when it comes to testing apps, iOS developers must employ strong troubleshooting skills when encountering issues
- Project management – from scheduling to assigning tasks, iOS developers should be familiar with steps inherent to project management
- Time management – to stay active in a competitive market, many app development companies work quickly to make new products available; iOS developers must deliver new ideas and apps in a timely manner
- Team collaboration – while iOS developers often work independently, they spend a large amount of time collaborating with software engineers, programmers, illustrators, and other members of the development team
- Multitasking – in many cases, iOS developers have multiple projects at various stages of completion, which requires consistent multitasking.
iOS Developer in HCM