Junior Graphic Designer in PH
This role is suited to a vibrant, creatively driven, self-motivated graphic designer who enjoys working across various platforms of communication supporting the design team. With the ability to interpret brand guidelines and design briefs, you will create designs and campaigns that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer in order to promote the brand, service or product. The emphasis of the role will be on executing designs from pre-existing templates and previous examples. Image retouching, preparing finished artwork for press and successfully creating and or preparing digital files for publishing to various platforms will also be requirements of this role. In some cases, the junior designer will also be involved in developing new concepts and designing and delivering materials around these. All work prepared is to be presented for approval prior to dissemination to clients. Reporting to the Design Studio Manager, this role works closely with all company departments in order to develop and produce design solutions for exhibitions programs, publications, events and online platforms.
- Support a highly skilled and experienced creative team in delivering highest quality artwork for offset and digital print and online media
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and advertisements ideas and campaigns with the Marketing team
- Develop templates for Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office programs to support business requirements
- Responsible for quality control of all finished artwork
- Create professional designs and layouts for a range of communication materials (from existing templates)
- Assist in revisions as necessary and perform typesetting for forms and publications
- Share production methods, market trends and new ideas by contributing to the ideation process and sharing knowledge
- Accurate and up-to-date filing of allocated job files, following the Design Studio filing system
- Responsible for delivering high quality, accurate artwork meeting all internal and external deadlines and project constraints. Prioritise urgent projects and demonstrate flexibility to last minute change
- Working closely with the design, project and agency teams to achieve the best possible results from conception right through to delivery
- Provide timely resolution to reported problems with existing assets
- Develop a deep understanding of the organisation’s marketing objectives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Champion and protect the brand ensuring all deliverables adhere to guidelines
- Understanding brand and consumer journey to develop meaningful and impactful campaigns
- Ensure all work is completed safely in a safe environment
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Acrobat, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with other Adobe/Microsoft software and web development is a plus.
- Ability to make sense of briefs including processing instructions, seeking confirmation and using the brand rules to guide decision and effectively solve problems.
- Ensuring customer engagement is always a priority outcome of design.
- Building partnerships and productive ways of working with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicate effectively focusing on clean design that promotes clear communication that achieves defined objectives.
- Stay current with trends, emerging design techniques and application both Globally and within Australia
- Actively learning through experimentation when tacking new problems, using both successes and failures as key learnings.
- Expert understanding of graphic design principles.
- Experience with layout conversion optimisation and ability to create visual pathways for audience comprehension.
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to manage projects and be available, as needed, for briefing and update meetings.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team environment.
- Ability to take creative direction and handle constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with marketing and IT departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal level
- Bachelor’s Degree/Professional Degree/Master’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, colour, web layout design, print production, image selection
- Selecting, cropping, editing and briefing photography; both product and lifestyle to support business requirements
- Prior experience doing design for corporate clients will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with print design including knowledge of colour space, printing processes, colour separation, grid layout, and master pages.
- Project management experience including ability to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creating new and better ways for the organisation to communicate and be successful.