The discussion has also provided me with insights of the hurdles that stand in the way and how BA teams at ASW have overcome to ensure a smooth deployment. They can be summarised as the following categories:
Understanding the outsourcing requirements from users
- Stand in stakeholders’ shoes to understand the root causes.
- Ask the right questions to extract the right information.
- Gain the users’ confidence and trust through regular communication.
Resolving users’ conflicts
- Analyse users’ current business process to understand the resistance and conflict.
- Look for room for improvement in existing procedures.
- Support decision-makers and bring more value to the business.
Accommodating the useful changes
- Analyse and prioritise the required changes to their corresponding sprints.
- Apply the MoSCoW (Must, Should, Could, Won’t) analysis.
- Advise the stakeholders on the decision-making process.
Fortunately, with the support from our valued partner Employers Mutual, BA teams have many opportunities to gain onsite experience in Australia.
– Joe Fussell