Production Manager in HCM
The Production Managers role is responsible for overseeing & maintaining the end to end process from Bulk Fabric ordering through to final garment delivery.
This position will be assessed by production delivery in full and on time; by quality of bulk delivery and the efficient processes within the production team.
- Manage the critical path for all production tasks to ensure department is working in line with requirements
- Liaise with Design and Buying Departments to ensure production team has awareness of possible delays, that could impact the timely placement of seasonal fabric and garment/ accessories orders
- Manage all aspects of communication in regards to production
- Keeping suppliers aligned to the company critical path
- Manage the Factory Capacity by month to ensure orders placed are in line with capacity booked and any risks/ excess capacity is raised with Supply Chain Manager / Buying team
- Co-ordinate the fabric bookings with fabric mills, in line with Critical Path requirements
- Monitoring fabric order confirmations and ensuring all orders are confirmed in a timely manner
- Ensuring fabric ready dates are in line with the delivery timing as published on the Critical Path
AP21 Data Management
- Oversee all processes for ERP (AP21) to ensure all team members are working in line with business requirements.
- Maintain AP21 for specific product categories-FOB Purchase Orders, CMT Production Orders and updates entered for changes made to components, yield or price, post buying stage)
- Manage order amendments and communicate changes to factories and buying team.
- Ensure updated contract issues to factory where there is a change that affect Price or Delivery.
- Monitor Tech pack deadlines and alert business where deliveries are at risk if tech packs late
- Monitor size splits to ensure they are issued in line with CP and total qty’s in line with fabric bookings
- Oversee issue of Barcode reports (& final RRP) are sent to Suppliers at the time of issuing Size Splits
Order/ Supplier Management
- Build solid relationships with both internal and external partners (Factories/ Mills etc.)
- Liaise with Buying Team on any issue that will impact landed price or delivery
- Daily tracking and communication with Offshore factories
- Work closely with the factories to resolve any issues found in production
- Raise any risks during production that could impact to on time delivery (to Supply Chain Manager)
- Oversee Production Co-Ordinator’s throughout the production process (Inc retail, corporate and MTO Orders)
- Co-Ordinate the shipment planning to ensure containers are loaded to capacity and move in line with business requirements (With Support from Snr Logistics Co-Ordinator)
- Oversee to ensure all Pre-Production and Shipment samples rec’d by deadline and in line with quality standards.
- Co-Ordinate the PR Sample Development to ensure samples arrive by shoot deadlines
- Oversee Bulk Order trackers to ensure they are maintained in a timely manner (incl production status, PP sample/ Shipping samples, and confirmed delivery dates- Publish Fri
- Maintain and report on Production schedules for Retail and Corporate production and warehouse delivery plan – Published Fri
- Monthly Capacity Reporting by Factory
- Monthly component reporting (AP21)
- Quarterly review of any Liabilities design and/or Buying team
- Run weekly Production Meeting with Team
- Monthly Capacity review
- Ongoing review to identify areas for department improvement with the aim to achieve efficient, accurate ways of working.
- Other Projects as required by the business
- 7-10 Years’ experience in a fashion production (Menswear an advantage)
- People management
- Prior experience in AP21 an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly action oriented and motivated, displaying a strong sense of urgency
- Strategic mindset
- Consistent commitment to provide high quality stakeholder relationships and go above and beyond
- Exhibit problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Positive team player that thrives in fast paced environment
- Commitment to honesty, integrity and quality with a high work ethic