Senior Accountant in HCM
Core Accountabilities (the major tasks the role will be accountable for):
- Coding, reconciling and preparing all payments – tax, incentives, accounts payable, credit cards, expense reimbursements and other sundry cash payments.
- Tracking and reporting on all accounts payable and creditors as required.
- Issuing all invoices, managing GST calculations and reconciliations, tracking receivables and escalating late payments.
- Maintenance of accounting records including entering transactions into Reckon Accounts (previously called Quickbooks) accounting software.
- Data entry of monthly general journals across Company’ subsidiaries
- Working within the finance team to contribute to the accurate and timely reporting & forecasting of revenue, cashflow and expenses.
- Reconciling all corporate and trust bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile credit card statements and reimbursements to expense claims.
- Preparation and lodgement of BASs including detailed GST reconciliations and workpapers quarterly
Key Challenges (what aspects of the business, culture or internal/external environment may significantly impact on the position):
- Adapting to & pre-empting the changing nature of Company’s need as the business grows and evolves
- Managing third party service providers upon whom Company’s relies in delivering its end to end service to clients
- Communicating, training and co-ordinating with Company’ staff and external suppliers in an effective manner
Key Success Measures (what will success in the position look like; quantitative and/or qualitative)
- 100% accurate reconciliations of all cash accounts, credit cards, tax (PAYG, GST etc), creditors and receivables ledgers each week
- High levels of timeliness and accuracy in forecasting cashflow and expenses
- 100% accurate and timely record keeping and reconciliation of managed fund holdings and client trust account currency holdings each week against Company’s records, platform records and fund manager records
- Timely meeting of all payments (ie on due date)
- Timely issuance of all invoices (ie escalation on due date)
- Timely collection of accounts receivable
- Flexible and agile thinking about how to improve Company’s business efficiency
**Excellent English skills are mandatory**
- Relevant qualifications in accounting and/or finance (CPA/CA qualified or willingness to study CPA/CA preferred);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- Proficient in using accounting software – Reckon Accounts (previously called Quickbooks)
- High attention to detail;
- Strong discipline in record keeping;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Show initiative in suggesting process improvements – questioning not accepting;
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely work in accordance with deadlines;
- A team player and also able to work independently; and
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to improve and grow Company’s business