Senior Graphic Designer in PH
This role is suited to a vibrant, creatively driven, self-motivated graphic designer who enjoys working across various platforms of communication in both a team and autonomous environment. With the ability to interpret brand guidelines and design briefs, you will create designs and campaigns that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer in order to promote the brand, service or product. A strong attention to detail, you will be able to produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualise ideas for new and ambitious concepts. Image retouching, preparing finished artwork for press and successfully creating and or preparing digital files for publishing to various platforms will also be requirements of this role. An ability to blend craft and form – a deep understanding of composition, balance, and layout with an appreciation for business and strategic needs. Reporting to the Design Studio Manager, this role works closely with all company departments in order to develop and produce design solutions for exhibitions programs, publications, events and online platforms.
- Continue to help build out our design system
- Lead and work with a team of designers, writers and agencies through ideation, concepting, detailed design, prototyping (we don’t present to external parties) and final delivery
- Work with Designers to prototype and envision future product features, including phased feature rollouts and short-term vs. long-term solutions based on engineering constraints
- Help define and iterate how our brand should be expressed across our products
- Work across teams to ensure we are utilizing both qualitative and quantitative insights into our design process and are clear about how they influence design decisions
- Ability to provide a variety of approaches to problem-solving and product development
- Meticulous attention to detail across applied to everything from strategic and creative direction to usability and millimeter-level aesthetics
- Provide timely resolution to reported problems with existing assets
- Develop a deep understanding of the organisation’s marketing objectives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Champion and protect the brand ensuring all deliverables adhere to guidelines
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and advertisements ideas and campaigns with the Marketing team
- Develop templates for Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office programs to support business requirements
- Manage version control and coordinate final artwork
- Work to timelines, prioritising urgent projects and demonstrating flexibility to last minute change
- Understanding brand and consumer journey to develop meaningful and impactful campaigns
- Ensure all work is completed safely in a safe environment
- Ensuring customer engagement is always a priority outcome of design.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft software. Experience with digital design is a plus.
- Building partnerships and productive ways of working with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicate effectively focusing on clean design that promotes clear communication that achieves defined objectives.
- Stay current with trends, emerging design techniques and application both Globally and within Australia
- Actively learning through experimentation using both successes and failures as key learnings.
- Expert understanding of graphic design principles.
- Experience with layout conversion optimisation and ability to create visual pathways for audience comprehension.
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to manage projects and be available, as needed, for briefing and update meetings.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team environment.
- Ability to take creative direction and handle constructive feedback.
- Relentless desire to push your limits, critique your own work, and elevate the work of those around you
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with marketing and IT departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal level
- Demonstrated experience with print design including knowledge of colour space, printing processes, colour separation, grid layout, and master pages.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Professional Degree/Master’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Proven experience leading designers, projects, and processes including insights, ideation, validation, and implementation
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, colour, web layout design, print production, image selection
- Organization and analytical skills
- Selecting, cropping, editing and briefing photography; both product and lifestyle to support business requirements
- Prior experience doing design for corporate clients will be an advantage.
- Project management experience including ability to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creating new and better ways for the organisation to communicate and be successful.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude with no problem adapting or flexing on a daily basis
- Extensive experience iterating on products and services in market