Senior Manual QC (C#) in HCM
A client of ASW is planning a full greenfield development project to replace / rewrite the current inhouse claims software, this is a hugely exciting time to join a fast-paced growing business with a real passion for innovation & technology.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the testing function at the company, working closely with the Test lead & wider development team to drive quality and ensure industry standards are adhered to throughout our team, we must practice strong agile methodologies & follow testing best practice to improve quality in our software.
The ideal candidate for this role will also be able to demonstrate experience in commercial software development, worked within the industry before and be able to showcase achievements in agile delivery and being part of high preforming software teams.
We currently have a userbase of 1000 daily users over multiple sites in the UK, so we have a big
project on our hands!
Areas of Accountability:
- Functional testing of mobile, tablet web & desktop based applications.
- Working with software developers and project support teams to help define the testing needs of each application.
- Producing and maintaining test results and scripts. Preparing and maintaining of test data
- Perform regression testing
- Experience in automation testing using tools like Selenium/ Ranorex
- Executing test scripts in provided timescale
Planning and Organising:
- Responsible for providing accurate estimates for System testing activities and working towards set release deadlines.
- Planning and organising own daily System Testing activities, working with Product Owners and Developers.
- Making decisions around test coverage using system knowledge in the production and execution of test scripts.
- Use of System knowledge to use a risk based approach towards testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and agile development methodologies.
- Proven track record of testing software programs and providing constructive feedback to project and development teams.
- Manual regression testing and defect management
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- The ability to work under pressure, working towards departmental and project deadlines.
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders describing potential bugs in business terms.
- Must be familiar with commercial software release processes and be able to demonstrate experience from previous roles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- 2 – 3 years minimum experience
- ISTQB qualified
- Previous experience using TFS (Team Foundation server)
- Usage of test management tools
- Exposure to Selenium/ Ranorex to write/maintain automated web based tests
- Basic SQL skills to test data/ migration data.
- Ability to write test scripts
- White and Black box testing techniques