Software Developer in HCM
The Software Developer will enhance an existing web- based application and develop data management utilities and remediate defects using languages and technologies of the .Net framework. The Developer will take into consideration all aspects of application design and development including performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, and error logging and testing.
- Conduct software development utilizing C#, .Net, MySQL and Telerik and DevExpress controls. Create clean, scalable web- based user interfaces to the application and MySQL database using C#, Telerik controls, ASPX and .Net.
- Create robust, scalable data management utilities to extract, transform and load data into MySQL database tables.
- Support the application through the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Perform unit and system level testing on applications and utilities. Manage application enhancements using the Jira system.
- Identify defects within the software and log and track defect management using Jira. Research and identify root causes of defects and issues.
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency through recommending process enhancements and additional features.
- Stay abreast of development methodologies, competitors and advances in technology. Work as part of a team and participate in customer support activities as needed.
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle.
- Proven object-oriented design and development experience focussed on;
- C# and the .Net framework.
- Understanding of the development of web based application using the .Net platform.
- Excellent coding, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience with Telerik and DevExpress Controls.
- Experience with MySQL including database design and optimisation.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.