Tax Accountant in HCM
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
Diverse range of responsibilities, including but not limited to supporting a newly-formed team to service Australian based client, new client take on, process improvement and other opportunities. The major responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Working with clients
- Supporting the servicing of clients
- End-to-end tax accounting and/or other financial reporting work assigned by the client
- Preparing processing and month end work and other reporting deliverables
- Working and delivering against Service Level Agreement (SLA) deadlines
- Propose better ways of doing existing processes/Refine standardised processes for each area of service offered, e.g. payroll, accounts payable, trust account/bank reconciliation, month end accounts, AFSL financial compliance, budgets, etc.
- Document processes in accordance with standardized documentation requirements.
- Adherence and/or implementation of the standard operating procedures
- Regular update of policy documents, checklists, templates, and procedures to enhance compliance and reduce operational risk
- Manage/Lead the Vietnam team as it grows, train junior staff in day-to-day workflow including the use of agreed systems, templates and process rationale, etc.
**Excellent English skills are mandatory**
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience gained in professional services accounting environment.
- Some level of accounting experience in Australian-based environment, is preferred.
- Knowledge of Australia Tax, rules & regulations a plus; good understanding of accounting standards (a must)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience of Xero is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of SAP is desirable
- Competent in Microsoft Office/Proficient in Excel spreadsheet and processing
- Eager to take full responsibility for tasks assigned
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent teamplayer and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Has the initiative to update policy documents, checklists, templates, and procedures
- Demonstration of Company’s core values of independence, transparency, integrity, respect and courage & the ability to demonstrate those values in dealings with all clients/stakeholders