Technical Project Manager (Java) in HCM
The offshore development lead would be the interface between On site and Offshore development teams with the principal role to develop and maintain a technology project plan, which outlines a project’s tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources to stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the plan or schedule, inform task accomplishment, issues and status. For this, the lead interacts/interlocks with identified onsite offshore technical leads for each deliverable. The technical lead of respective deliverable is completely responsible for development + integration of the deliverable, works with his/her sub-team to ensure successful completion of the deliverable.
- Play role of Scrum master to track team progress on daily status call.
- Ensure deliverable are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, schedule.
- Coordinate and track the reviews, documentation, test activities.
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team.
- Coordinates meetings with the functional management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task.
- Coach and help develop team members, assure that the team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate on the team.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams (on site/offshore) as necessary.
- Establish meeting times, places and agendas, Ensure discussions and decisions lead to closure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management in IT departments.
- PMP or Agile certification preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including technical staff, business users, and executives.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, good analytical and organizational skills and commercial awareness.
- Experience with leading cross-functional/cross-departmental teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft SharePoint, and JIRA.
- Strong IT systems analysis, design and development skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple concurrent projects with aggressive deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.