Telecommunications Applications Specialist in PH
The Applications Specialist will be working as part of a professional delivery team, providing specialised services, including consulting with customers, performing software installations and troubleshooting for platforms like Arc and Zeacom.
The Applications Specialist will need an in-depth understanding of these telephony applications, this includes operator consoles, ACD, call recording and directory integration. The roll will be centered around your ability to successfully work with customers, partners and provide professional services on behalf of our Resellers.
The position also includes ongoing support of Arc & Zeacom products already deployed. You will be required to manage, troubleshoot and resolve customer faults in the most effective and timely manner possible. The Application Specialist supports customers in a variety of ways and provides technical expertise to customers remotely, on-site or via written means.
- Demonstrate ability to work with customers fostering confidence, respect and trust through professional expectation management as well as regular and consistent follow-up.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with senior technical personnel in order to determine optimum resolution options.
- Work on-site to deploy applications, liaising with key stake holders from the business.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Cisco Call Manager & Microsoft Skype for Business and related administration facility. Good understanding of telephony working in both TDM & VOIP environments.
- Demonstrate previous experience in providing help desk support services to demanding clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly define a problem, determine solutions through thorough troubleshooting procedures and if necessary, activate escalation paths.
- Feedback status of outstanding issues to internal management with emphasis on any critical matters affecting the business.
- Where necessary represent the company at conferences and trade shows etc.
- Create and update technical documents.
- Support Sales Channel Managers in a pre-sales capacity.
- Where possible, identifying additional revenue streams for the business.
- Engineers with a minimum of 2-year experience in Cisco Collaboration product such as Cisco Call Manager or Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) and Skype for Business experience.
- Any other telephony vendor experience also advantageous.
- Existing experience with Arc & Zeacom products would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in an IT support or help desk role in demanding environment.
- Good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft client and server operating systems and software (Active Directory/LDAP and SQL Server experience is preferable)
- Clear general understanding of IP Telephony and [Legacy] voice solutions and the value proposition that enables the customers? business to operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Any exposure supporting third party applications using TAPI & SIP interfaces would be well regarded.
- Experienced in working directly with clients in a face to face and phone environment.
- Experience managing customer faults from initial registration to resolution involving troubleshooting and determining optimum solution paths.
- Experience of working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.