Web Developer in HCM (AUD 1,000 Sign-on Bonus!)
Role Purpose: In your new role as Web Developer, you will be responsible for the design, layout and coding of Company’s websites and digital assets. You will build our digital assets from conception to completion working with key stakeholders and agencies to maximise user engagement and experience. Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with marketing and IT departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal level.
- Working closely with both the design, project and agency teams to achieve the best possible results from conception right through to delivery.
- Provide timely resolution to reported problems with existing assets.
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest frontend technologies.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Manage version control and user settings to maintain security.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy, conscientious and resilient.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in building CMS websites.
– WordPress development experience including theme and plugin development at code level.
– Experience migrating older versions of WordPress to Newer Versions of WordPress.
– Significant experience developing custom WordPress themes and plug-ins.
– WordPress administration and security.
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
– Creation of custom post types.
– Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform to WordPress coding standards.
– Knowledge of WordPress Network (including managing multisite).
- Good understanding of cross platform and cross browser issues.
- Experience with creating responsive websites.
- Use of jQuery / AJAX / Prototype / script.aculo.us an advantage.
- Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Business insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance Company’s goals.
- Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Tech savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building and technology applications.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tacking new problems, using both successes and failures as key learnings.
- First-class programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Intermediate knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process
- Aggressive diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.